Many who oppose the use of marijuana in most cases have not really done their homework on the issue.
1) there is no evidence to support the gateway drug syndrome.
2) we will not have to put up with people showing up to work "High" -there are safeguards in place to protect from this happening. Much like our laws concerning alcohol. There are limits to where marijuana can be used and the user to be in public.
3) Most who are against it are not basing their opinion on fact as much as personal feelings, and buy into the emotional hot buttons being pushed by others.
4) Many people who oppose this as a medical relief also have a problem with herbal or natural cures in the first place. The pharmaceutical meds they support are nothing more than man made artificial knock offs of herbals in the first place. Only with massive side effects.
5) We have had a large growth in the number of medical marijuana users in this state, yet we must consider the percentage of disabled, or chronically ill people we have in Montana.
6) A recent figure I have heard is 1 in 5 Montanans have some sort of mental illness. Many of which can be treated with the use of marijuana. By the figures being pushed that would put the possible marijuana users way up. So to complain about a 10,000 person jump in approved users is totally lame.